Correspondent Banking (CB) covers the worldwide activity of payments between banks.…
Increase the volume of payments sent within the Group:
1. identify the entities able to provide payments services and to check their quality;
2. evaluate, in close coordination with the Information, Technology and Operations departments, their accessibility to the local clearing systems;
3. negotiate terms and conditions;
4. promote those entities towards the whole Group.
Market payment services from France and Italy (BNL) towards third banks:
1. develop a state-of-the-art offer, especially in the framework of the new Single Euro Payment Area;
2. improve the existing business with our clients and looking for selected new clients, in accordance with the strict compliance rules of BNP Paribas;
3. take care of the day-to-day relationship.
Action towards correspondent banks:
1. negotiation with the correspondent banks worldwide the terms and conditions they apply to BNPP Group;
2. selection of our cash clearers in the countries where we are not able to manage the liquidity in the local currency on behalf of the Group;
3. looking for partner banks providing payment services we are not able to offer at a specific country level or at a multi countries level.