A large knowledge of sophisticated products:
- A world leader in equity derivatives, funds derivatives, and fixed income products;
- A leading broker in the equity markets in Europe and Asia;
- An enhanced capacity in stock sourcing;
- Sales teams dedicated to Alternative Managers in equity cash, equity structured products and listed derivatives;
- A top ranked Clearer and Custodian in European and US markets.
A global view of the shipping, and oil and gas services' industry:
- Strong presence in all sectors of shipping industry : dry bulk, tankers, containers, LNG, offshore…
- Wide geographical and products coverage to serve the global needs of the overall maritime industry.
We offer our clients tailor-made financing in all customary currencies for the construction of vessels and for the purchase of second-hand tonnage.
The terms and conditions vary, depending on the standing of the owner and the particulars of the deal such as vessel type, employment and age of the ship. Our loans are generally secured by first priority ship mortgages which are entered in the acceptable flagging juridiction.
Export Credit and Co-Financing
Tax leverage lease structures
We set up tax leverage lease structures : French tax lease, UK tax lease, US tax lease and Japanese Operating Lease.
- Freight hedging;
- Bunker hedging;
- Interest rate hedging;
- Forex hedging;
- Internet based solutions;
- Electronic banking, offering flexible and secure cash management facilities;
- Dedicated international payments service.
France's leading shipowner, CMA-CGM (Compagnie Maritime d'Affrètement-Compagnie Générale Maritime), has successfully launched the first ever ship securitisation. The securitisation was rated by both Standard & Poor's and Moody's.
BNP Paribas acted as sole arranger and bookrunner on this deal concerning the acquisition of 12 container ships representing a total investment of $800 million. A large number of investors and banks were approached in the leading financial markets of Europe, North America, and Asia, generating considerable interest in this deal, which was largely subscribed in each of its tranches.
The main focus has so far been on the IPO of companies in Asian stock exchanges such as China Shipping in Shangai and on M&A activities (confidential).
Equities & Derivatives
We offer tailor-made investment solutions designed to enhance Shipowner cash deposit returns. These solutions generally provide full capital garantee and very attractive target yield, compared to usual overnight deposit rates. We are usually working with corporate or holding entities within a Shipping Group which present stable cash over a period equal or greater that one year. Performance of our strategies can be indexed to various class of assets (equities, commodities, bonds, diversified funds or classic dynamic money market funds), according to the client request.
For largest groups, we also offer transactions on Shipowner own shares (if listed), like share buy back program, or offer equity hedging/financing deals on their listed stakes.